Hi! I am a Ph.D. student in the School of Computing at KAIST. I am working with Juho Kim as part of KIXLAB. My research interests in Human-Computer Interaction focuses on video interactions, where I aim to understand video content by using HCI+AI and build interactive technologies on them.
- (Dec. 2022) I received a NAVER PhD Fellowship Award!
- (Oct. 2022) I received a Special Recognition for Outstanding Reviews at CSCW 2023.
- (Oct. 2022) Started a research internship at LG AI Research.
- (Apr. 2022) I'll be attending CHI 2022 in person! Let's have a chat :)
- (Mar. 2022) I'll be serving as an SV in IUI 2022 and presenting SoftVideo.
- (Mar. 2022) Our paper has been accepted to a CHI 2022 workshop.
- (Feb. 2022) I received a Special Recognition for Outstanding Reviews at CHI 2022.
- (Feb. 2022) Our paper CatchLive has been accepted to CHI 2022.
Conference and Journal Papers
Beyond Instructions: A Taxonomy of Information Types in How-to Videos
AVscript: Accessible Video Editing with Audio-Visual Scripts
CatchLive: Real-time Summarization of Live Streams with Stream Content and Interaction Data
SoftVideo: Improving the Learning Experience of Software Tutorial Videos with Collective Interaction Data
Snapstream: Snapshot-based Interaction in Live Streaming for Visual Art
What Makes It Hard for Users to Follow Software Tutorial Videos?
HCI Korea 2020
Posters, Demos, and Workshop Papers
Improving Video Interfaces by Presenting Informational Units of Videos
CHI 2022 Workshop on Computational Approaches for Understanding, Generating, and Adapting User Interfaces
Awards & Honors
- NAVER PhD Fellowship (2022)
- Special Recognition for Outstanding Reviews (CSCW 2023)
- Special Recognition for Outstanding Reviews (CHI 2022)
- Inseong Fellow, KAIST (2021)
- An Outstanding TA Award, KAIST (2021 Spring, 2022 Spring)
- An Outstanding MS Thesis Award, KAIST (2021)
- Kwanjeong Scholarship (2019)
- Google WTM Scholarsip (2018)
- Dean's List, School of Computing, KAIST (2018 Spring)
LG AI Research
Reserach Intern, Advanced ML Lab (Oct. 2022 - Feb. 2023)
Mentor: Prof. Moontae Lee
Reserach Intern, Creative Technologies Lab (Jun. 2020 - Sep. 2020)
Mentor: Dr. Hijung Valentina Shin
Reserach Intern (Jun. 2018 - Dec. 2018)
Mentor: Prof. Juho Kim
Software Engineer Intern (Jan. 2018 - Feb. 2018)
Ph.D. in School of Computing, KAIST (Mar. 2021 - Present)GPA: 4.16/4.3, Advisor: Prof. Juho Kim
M.S. in School of Computing, KAIST (Mar. 2019 - Feb. 2021)An Outstanding MS Thesis Award, Advisor: Prof. Juho Kim
B.S. in School of Computing, KAIST (Mar. 2015 - Feb. 2019)Magna Cum Laude